Things you might want to know about our social dance classes:
- You are NOT required to bring a partner. Classes use a rotation method and you will get a chance to dance with everyone
- You are recommended to take the level I until you are proficient. This may mean you take this level class several times. Consult with the instructor about your progress.
- We have a shoe library. We have shoes for men and women although we do not guarantee we have every size
- All session classes require preregistration and there is no admittance to class after the second week without permission from the instructor
- Refunds will not be given for missed classes, so your attendance at all classes is appreciated
East Coast Swing I with Zooey Zephyr Register Now!
In the East Coast Swing I class, you will learn the basics of this energetic, vintage American dance—the steps, how to connect with a variety of partners, and how to perform the moves and turns that make this dance so fun. The classes build from week to week, with an emphasis on how to listen to and communicate with your partner, as well as a focus on how to mix and match the various moves together in order to make your dancing feel fluid.
While swing can be danced to a wide range of music, in this course we will primarily focus on dancing to vintage swing—from the big-band swing of the 30’s and 40’s, up through the 60’s artists like Frank Sinatra, and even touching upon the music from the swing revival of the late 20th and early 21st century. The music selection is tailored to help create a connection between us as dancers today and the people who originated the dance form in the early 20th century.
East Coast Swing will be offered in 6-week sessions
This class meets Mondays from 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm
Upcoming East Coast Swing sessions: June 3 – July 15 (no class 7/1); July 22 – August 26 – Registration available now.
The Intermediate Level (Swing II) meets on Mondays from 7:30 to 8:30 and requires teacher approval.
Upcoming Swing II: June 3 – July 15 (no class 7/1) – Registration available now.
Salsa with Jennifer Corbin Register Now!
Basic steps, side steps, left & right turns and cross body lead and open break are at the core of this session. You will also learn footwork “shines” like the suzy q’s, cross overs, etc.
Salsa will be offered in 6-week sessions
This class meets Tuesdays from 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm
Upcoming Salsa sessions: June 4 – July 9; July 16 – August 20 – Registration available now